My very first few diapers, were ones that I made with the help of my amazing Mother in law. They worked great, but the instructions I was using weren't super clear to someone who wasn't familiar with diapers. Even my mother in law had issues with the instructions and she's been sewing for years! Then, when those diapers became a bit snug, I bought a used stash of 24 Bum Genius 3.0s. Now, I'm starting to migrate away from pockets and I've been looking at my alternative options. I have a few all in one's that have started to not be as waterproof and I felt like they were just being wasted by sitting on the shelf.
In the Mother's Day Cloth Diaper hop, I was sponsored for a fleece cover. I had never used fleece before but quickly found that it was just the extra layer I needed to squeeze the last bit of life from my diapers. Over the past couple of days, I made four new fleece covers as well as two diapers which will be AI2s. Just waiting on some new fabrics before making the inserts.
Also, side note, I used the Katrina Pattern for the fleece covers but never actually got a chance to read through the tutorial. My hubby left our laptop cord at the office and was busy no our desktop so I just winged it. Haha.
For the diapers, I used the Cloth Revolution Pattern. I have to say that I did find the instructions to be somewhat confusing. =S It also recommended adding a front elastic for snaps to ensure a better fit. I did add the elastic on the white diaper, but I don't really like the way it ended up looking. I may or may not eventually take the elastic out.
I also ended up making a larger wet bag for when I know we'll be out all day versus just a few hours.