Some nights I just crave something for dinner that is not only hearty and filling, but good for me and easy to toss together. That's where this delicious mushroom & wild rice soup comes in. As an added bonus, it's vegetarian, so I'm sure that will make some of you a little extra excited. ;)
Delicious Mushroom & Wild Rice Soup
- 3 tablespoons of butter
- 1 small red onion, diced
- 3/4 pound Crimini mushrooms, chopped (These are also labeled 'baby bella' at some stores)
- 2 large Portobella mushrooms, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 cups (32 oz.) chicken broth --(Feel free to substitute with vegetable broth to keep it vegetarian)
- 2 packages long grain and wild rice mix
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 1/2 cups heavy whipping cream
In a medium pot, heat butter over medium-high heat. Add onion and mushrooms; cook and stir until tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer.
Stir in the broth, rice mix (with contents of seasoning packet), salt and pepper. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat and cover at a simmer for 20-25 minutes or until rice is tender.
Stir in cream; heat through. Yields about 6 hefty servings. Enjoy!